If you wish to configure an Orchid server running Windows to connect to your Fusion Cloud environment, you will first need to set up OpenVPN on your server to connect to the Fusion Cloud VPN. This Knowledge Base article describes how to configure OpenVPN to automatically connect to your Fusion Cloud environment.
In order to configure your Windows Orchid server for Fusion Cloud access, you will need the following:
- Your Orchid server with access to the Internet
- A copy of the OpenVPN Installer for Windows, available here
- An OpenVPN configuration file (this will have the name of your Fusion Cloud environment, and will have the file extension
If you do not have an OpenVPN configuration file, please open a ticket with our Support team at https://support.ipconfigure.com/.
- Install OpenVPN on your Windows server. Make sure to choose the "Customize" option. From there, select the OpenVPN Service for installation, and set the OpenVPN GUI to not be installed:
- After installing OpenVPN, open up the Services Manager in Windows. In the Services Manager, make sure the service "OpenVPNService" is running and set up for Automatic startup:
- Copy the .ovpn file for the specific server to the directory
C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config-auto, then restart the server:
- Once the server has restarted, the server will now be connected to the Fusion Cloud environment. To add the server to Fusion, sign into your Fusion Cloud Web interface as an administrator. Under the "Servers" tab, click "Add Orchid Core VMS," then fill out the dialog window that opens. For the Server URL, use the name of the VPN script file; for this example, you will use the URL
If you are unable to access the Orchid server via the Fusion Cloud environment, first make sure that the server's VPN tunnel is active. In a command prompt, run the command
ipconfig, and search for an OpenVPN adapter. If this adapter does not have an IP address assigned to it, this indicates that OpenVPN is unable to create a tunnel between the server and the Fusion Cloud environment.
If OpenVPN cannot connect to the Fusion Cloud environment, there may be a network connectivity issue. If you experience any issues connecting your Orchid server to your Fusion Cloud environment, please contact our Support team for assistance.
Article is closed for comments.