If, some time after installation, you need to move the Orchid Core VMS archives to a new location, please follow the procedure below.
Note: In order to perform this change, you will need to be signed in as an Administrator.
1. Sign out of the Orchid Core VMS application, and then stop both of the associated services (Orchid Core VMS Server service, and Orchid Core VMS ONVIF Autodiscovery service).
2. Move all of your archive files (including the parent directory) from the old location to the new location. For example, in the image below, you would move the orchives folder (and all of its contents) to a new location.
3. After you physically move the files, you’ll need to update the Orchid Core VMS configuration file. Change the archives.dir property (highlighted in the image below) to reflect the new program storage location.
4. Save and close the file.
5. After you update the Orchid Core VMS configuration file, you can restart the Orchid Core VMS services. (If you need extra help, refer back to the How to Manage the Orchid Core VMS Services section that corresponds to the operating system you are using.)
6. Once the restart is complete, you can sign into Orchid Core VMS.
Article is closed for comments.