With this issue ESM will allow you to connect an archive server but not expand the Archive servers tree. You will also see a 500 error if you try to run the remote service in the URL.
ISAPI filter 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framwork\v4.0.30319\\aspnet_filter.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a AMD64 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number.
For some reason during a Microsoft update the pathing for:
Contains two \\. This is the incorrect configuration.
1. Opened IIS Manager and selected the IIS web server node
2. In the middle pane, browse to the IIS section and select ISAPI Filters:
3. Expand the columns as required, looking for an Executable path with \\ in it, then click Edit:
4. From the above screenshot, change the \\ to \ so the path reads:
5. Restart the Ipconfigure Remote service and see if your tree expands.