IMPORTANT: The information in this article is specific to Orchid version 1.12.7 or earlier. Equivalent instructions for Orchid versions 2.0.0 and above are available in the Orchid Core VMS Installation Guide in the chapter "Orchid Core VMS Firewall/Ports Configuration".
If your Orchid server has internet access but is behind a router or firewall, you will likely need to configure port-forwarding on your router or firewall to be able to access your Orchid server from the internet. This article describes all network ports used by Orchid and which configuration properties allow you to change each port (see How to Edit a Configuration File in either Windows or Linux).
Required External Ports
These ports are required to access Orchid in any configuration.
- Webserver TCP port
- Default: 80
- Configuration property: webserver.port (number between 1 and 65535).
Optional External Ports
These ports must be open to stream full-motion native video to Orchid's FBGST browser plugin. If these ports are not available, Orchid will only be accessible in low-bandwidth mode.
- RTSP TCP port
- Default: 554
- Configuration property: rtsp.service (number between 1 and 65535).
- RTP UDP port range
- Default: None (chosen dynamically; if manually specified 40000 - 50000 is recommended)
- Configuration properties: rtsp.rtp_port_range.min and rtsp.rtp_port_range.max (numbers between 1 and 65535).
Optional Internal Ports
If a software firewall is running directly on your Orchid server itself, the following port needs to be open (for localhost) for Orchid to communicate with its ONVIF Autodiscovery Service.
- ONVIF Autodiscovery URI
- Default: tcp://127.0.0.1:5565
- Orchid Configuration Property: cameradiscovery.publisher.uri (a full URI string, as above).
- ONVIF Autodiscovery Server Port (configured in autodiscovery.properties)
- Default: 5565
- ONVIF Autodiscovery Configuration Property: port (number between 1 and 65535).