v2.4.0 - 2019-02-28
- Orchid Core VMS now detects and notifies when the archive storage device has changed or become unavailable.
- Storage device changes cause the server to enter a degraded state to preserve existing archives.
- Improve the 'System Report' page to indicate if a server license has changed or if the server has entered a degraded state.
- Fix issue where 'Verify' camera would report inaccurately if it was rapidly called for multiple cameras.
- Fix issue where ONVIF Autodiscovery service would sometimes hang indefinitely.
- Fix issue that would cause the default STUN server to be improperly configured on start up.
- Fix issue where some stream events were logged with incorrect times.
- Fix issue where the 'System Status' page would appear to load indefinitely when in the degraded state.
v2.2.2 - 2018-10-15
- Add support for ONVIF PTZ Presets.
- Re-introduce the Recover Camera feature.
- Add pinch-zoom support for digital PTZ on mobile devices.
- Allow iOS devices to perform MKV video export.
- Fix issue in the ONVIF driver where local IP addresses were reported when the external (NAT) IP was desired.
- Export filenames now refer to the camera name rather than the stream name.
- Improve compatibility with Brickcom cameras.
- Improve slow database performance by Optimizing database.
- Fix issue where some archives were unplayable until server restart.
- Fix issue that would cause playback issues on clock change.
- Fix issue where players could sometimes get 'stuck' outside of cells on the stage.
- Fix issue where camera configurations would not render properly for cameras without streams.
- Improve iframe player logging.
- Fix issue where ONVIF Autodiscovery logs were never deleted.
- Fix erroneous scroll jumps on the camera configuration page.
- Fix issue where Orchid would update the properties file without a newline.
v2.2.1 - 2018-08-03
- Add support for time-limited trial licenses.
- Improve database performance for archive queries.
- Fix issue where unsupported features would appear in bag for some users.
- Fix issue where Export Calendars did not show video indicators (dots).
v2.2.0 - 2018-06-01
- Orchid Core VMS now supports WebRTC! Modern Chrome can view live and playback H.264 streams without installing a plugin.
- Add installer for Ubuntu 18.04.
- Calendar now indicates which days have video for the cameras on the stage.
- Cameras in the bag are now ordered alphabetically.
- Last stage layout is now locally persisted per-user.
- Add 'Up Time' stat to all video players.
- Add frame rate stat to low-bandwidth players.
- Improve ONVIF PTZ camera compatibility for Sony and Pelco cameras.
- Fix ONVIF connectivity issue for Foscam cameras.
- Allow '0' for stream bitrate configuration.
- Fix issue that would cause the page to scroll when closing dialogues.
- Fix time drift issue between client and server that would accumulate over time.
- Fix issue with using arrow keys to adjust Retention Policy values.
- Improve low-bandwidth teardown behavior for high latency connections.
v2.0.6 - 2018-05-11
- Improved security in Orchid Core VMS.
v2.0.5 - 2018-03-16
- Add config file property to extend the maximum export time range from the default 1 hour.
- Add ability to specify a time range when exporting video.
- Add ability to perform a Stream Copy for all licensed versions of Orchid Core VMS.
- Improve the 'Recording only when motion detected' recording style.
- Player messages now give users better awareness where there is no recorded video.
- Improve player renegotiation behavior.
- Improve experience when there are gaps in media.
- Fix issue that would prevent the camera bag from scrolling on Safari (iOS).
- Improve application load time.
- Fix issue where some valid URLs were reported as invalid when registering as a Generic RTSP camera.
- Fix issue where embedded platforms were unable to record high bitrate streams.
v2.0.4 - 2017-12-22
- Fix issues where exporting near live would not always work.
- Fix installer issues where not all config files and firewall rules were cleaned up.
- Add camera quirks to handle some Axis cameras that incorrectly report PTZ capabilities.
- Fix issue where export with the API player failed due to unauthorized errors.
- Improve image scaling when a player is in fullscreen mode.
v2.0.3 - 2017-10-06
- Better handling of server time drift.
- Use jemmaloc on Linux systems to reduce memory footprint.
v2.0.2 - 2017-09-18
- Orchid Core VMS branding and UI updates.
- Improve PTZ responsiveness on Axis M5103 and M5014 cameras.
- Fix memory leak in handling QOS events during playback.
v2.0.1 - 2017-08-01
- Fix issue with activating Orchid on latest Raspbian kernel.
- Fix issue where the archive cleaning process would run while Orchid is in a degraded state.
- Fix issue where low-bandwidth playback would fail in ARMv7 devices.
- Ubuntu 14.04 installer now properly installs shortcuts.
- Improved Windows installer.
- Fix issue where player stage limits were ignored.
v2.0.0 - 2017-06-28
- Complete redesign of the user interface!
- Modern interface to match Fusion's style.
- All new camera management.
- Improved mobile experience.
- Streamlined navigation for product discovery.
- Add 'Clear Stage' button to the camera bag.
- Add ability to toggle between low-bandwidth and plugin mode per player on stage.
- Add ability to copy stream settings. (Requires a Fusion license)
- All new interactive API page.
- Orchid API now supports granular permissions.
- Improved speed and responsiveness of servers with high camera counts.
- Improved web server response latency.
- Improved support for Bosch cameras.
v1.12.8 - 2018-05-11
- Improved security in Orchid Core VMS.
v1.12.7 - 2017-04-20
- Fix issue that would allow a stream to get stuck in the 'stopping' state.
v1.12.6 - 2017-03-30
- Add support for live/playback RTSP over TCP interleaved.
- Improved security in Orchid.
v1.12.5 - 2017-03-08
- Add support for runtime camera quirks.
- Orchid now includes the latest FBGST 1.4.4.
- Updated Ubuntu 16.04 Debian package to include ODB dependencies.
v1.12.4 - 2017-02-27
- Add support for filewriter timeout configuration in the Orchid properties file.
v1.12.3 - 2017-02-09
- Fix issue that would cause streams to take a long time to stop on systems with disk IO problems.
- Improve overall sqlite query performance.
- Add a watchdog process to restart Orchid when the system clock changes.
v1.12.2 - 2017-01-20
- Improved security in Orchid.
v1.12.1 - 2017-01-18
- Orchid now supports capturing from cameras using RTSP over TCP interleaved.
- Trial mode now limits disk usage if drive capacity is less than 128GB.
v1.12.0 - 2016-12-21
- Orchid now supports playback fast-forward and rewind!
- Add the ability to configure an H.264 stream for full-framerate low-bandwidth live view.
- Add PTZ support to 'Single Player Mode'.
- Add backend components to support Fusion 1.2.0 RTSP proxy.
- Fix issue where low-bandwidth playback streams would frequently display distorted images.
- Fix issue with PTZ control in Firefox when using a joystick.
- Fix issue with 'Single Player Mode' displaying the camera bag when using an invalid stream ID.
- Fix issue where fonts would sometimes load incorrectly in IE.
- Improved security in Orchid.
v1.10.5 - 2016-11-08
- Modify 'Single Player Mode' API to optionally hide timeline bar.
v1.10.4 - 2016-11-02
- Modify 'Single Player Mode' API to hide Orchid logo.
v1.10.3 - 2016-10-10
- Orchid now provides a new PTZ experience!
- New responsive PTZ controls.
- Joystick support.
- Orchid now supports Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and ARMv7!
- Add ability for external programs to integrate with Orchid in 'Single Player Mode'.
- Orchid now includes the latest FBGST 1.4.2.
- Fix issue where setting the RTSP server's UDP port range would have no effect.
- Fix issue where MOV export would sometimes fail on Windows.
- Improve overall stability on Windows.
- Improve the Windows installer:
- Automatically adds firewall exceptions for Orchid.
- Signed installer.
v1.10.2 - 2016-10-04
- Add property to the configuration file to limit the number of players a client can add to the stage.
v1.10.1 - 2016-08-31
- Fix issue where low-bandwidth streams would fail to reconnect on some errors.
- Improve the performance and browser compatibility of the stage.
- Improve error messaging between Orchid and Fusion.
v1.10.0 - 2016-07-21
- Orchid now integrates with Fusion!
- Orchid supports 'fusion' edition licenses.
- Added 'Select All' option for bulk registration.
- Improve the performance of the archive cleaner process.
- Improve support for virtualized installations (eg. Amazon EC2).
- Fix issue with previous/next motion event buttons not observing client/server time differences.
- Fix minor bugs in the timeline bar.
v1.8.4 - 2016-07-14
- Fix XSS vulnerabilities.
- Orchid now officially supports Raspberry Pi!
- Enjoy a new 'Community Edition' license that is exclusive to Raspberry Pi and allows for unlimited cameras and retention.
- Added more configurable options that can be set within the properties file:
- RTSP server settings (port, backlog, rtp port range, and more)
- Linux system settings (max number of handles, max stack size)
- Orchid now includes the latest FBGST 1.4.1.
- Fix issue that would cause live streams to hang when in RTSPS/SRTP mode.
- Improve database queries to make video playback and thumbnails more responsive.
- Add support for configuring linux system properties.
- Improve installation packages to prevent upgrading to out-of-support releases.
- Improve the Windows uninstall process so that it properly removes all files.
- Fix issue where Orchid would attempt stream reconnects every 2 seconds for inaccessible streams.
- Fix issue with concurrent logins.
- Improve the frame extractor, making it more efficient.
- Fix issue with 'remember me' login option not functioning properly.
- Add support for running Orchid in secure mode.
- Web server supports HTTPS (HTTP over SSL/TLS)
- RTSP server supports RTSPS (RTSP over SSL/TLS/SRTP)
- RTSP playback and proxy streaming servers are combined to be a single service.
- RTSP server supports Orchid user authentication.
- Add 'Proxy only' recording style to allow Orchid to run only as a media proxy server.
- Orchid now includes the latest FBGST 1.4.0 supporting RTSPS/SRTP.
- Improve UI stage performance and small bugs.
- Improve playback ripping experience.
- Fix issue with timeline bar stalling in low-bandwidth mode.
- Improve daily report and log export behavior with new calendar controls.
- Fix issue with recording some streams with audio and video that would cause corrupt files.
- Fix issue with playback in low-bandwidth mode with streams that contain audio.
- Fix issue with ONVIF camera connection blocking indefinitely.
- Improve support for Pelco cameras.
- Orchid now supports audio!
- Add support for G711 and ACC audio codecs.
- Improvements to export:
- Add support for MOV export files in addition to MKV.
- Handle exporting over time ranges that include stream encoding changes by - - generating a zip file with multiple export files.
- Better error checking and handling of archive gaps.
- Orchid now includes the latest FBGST 1.2.0.
- Fix recording issue with Bosch cameras on Windows servers.
- Improve streaming issues with Samsung RTSP streams.
- Fix issue that allowed PTZ controls in playback mode.
- Fix issue where certain cameras would incorrectly report PTZ controls.
- Fix UDP buffer issue with the RTSP server that would cause streaming artifacts in - the Playback and Proxy.
- Improve support for Windows 8, 10, and 2008 Server.
- Fix issue with calculating disk usage.
- Many usability improvements to the Orchid UI.