Orchid uses the ONVIF protocol to communicate with cameras. Axis cameras use separate authentication systems for ONVIF and for managing the camera itself. As a result, an ONVIF username and password (separate from the "normal" camera username and password) need to be created on the Axis camera before it can be added to Orchid.
1. Go to the IP address or hostname for the camera you are adding to Orchid, adding /admin to the end of the address. (ex. 192.168.1.105/admin) to access the camera.
2. Click the “Setup” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen to view the camera’s administrator settings. You may be prompted to enter the username and password for the camera after clicking that button.
3. Select the “System Options” button on the left-hand side menu. A sub-menu will appear below that button; click the “ONVIF” button.
4. Click the “Add” button to add a new ONVIF user.
5. A new window will appear. Enter the username and password you want set for the user, and make sure the “User Group” is set to Administrator. If it is not set to Administrator then Orchid will not function properly.
6. Click the “OK” button to create the new user and close the window.
Your Axis camera will now be ready to be added to Orchid through ONVIF. For more information, feel free to read our guide outlining how to add cameras to Orchid.