Windows Media Services will not start.
Windows Media Services does not support more than 16 processors
To limit the number of processors available to Windows Media Services, you will need to modify the registry. To do this follow these steps:
- Launch regedit.exe.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media
- Create a key called Platform.
- Select the Platform key and create a subkey called Threads.
- In the Threads key, create a DWORD value called NormalWorkerThreadsPerProc.
- Set the NormalWorkerThreadsPerProc value to 1.
- In the Threads key, create a DWORD value called IdleWorkerThreadsPerProc.
- Set the IdleWorkerThreadsPerProc value to 1.