1. Type "regedit" into the Windows search bar. Navigate to:
Change both the "Remote Server" and "Server Name" fields to the desired DNS name or IP address.
2. (For Management Server Only) Change the IP address entries in the web.config files. Navigate to:
You may need to "right click > open with > Notepad" to edit these. Find the line that says
<add key="ServerIP" value="192.168.1.10"/>
In this particular case, we have the address set to 192.168.1.10. Change it to the desired IP address.
3. Change the SQL configuration.
Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager
SQL Server Network Configuration > Protocols for MSSQLSERVER
Double click "TCP/IP" > Set "Enabled" to "Yes"
Click "IP Addresses Tab > in the IP 1 box > Enable everything and add your new IP.
IP Address: 192.168.1.10
TCP Dynamic Ports:
TCP Port: 1433
Now, you have to reset the SQL Server.
On left hand pane, click "SQL Server Services"
Right click on "SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) and click "Restart"
4. Change the IP in SQL Management Studio.
Open SQL Management Studio 2008. Make sure the following settings matchup:
Server Type: Database Engine
Server Name: (local)
Authentication: Windows Authentication
Expand the following database:
(local) \ Databases \ ESM5_2 \ Tables \ dbo.tServer
Right click on "dbo.tServer" and select "Edit Top 200 Rows"
Change the IP address in the 3rd field, "ServerDnsName", and the 5th field, "ServerIP. (The 4th field, "CentralDnsName", will only need to be updated if this is the management server as well. Leave as the management server if this is an archive only server.)
Part B: (Only if this server has management services also. Skip if configured with archive services only.)
Now, expand the following database:
(local) \ Databases \ ESM5_2_Central \ Tables \ dbo.tblServer
Right click on "dbo.tblServer" and select "Edit Top 200 Rows"
Scroll over until you get to the 11th column (IPAddress).
Change the IP before /ESMWCF (192.168.1.10/ESMWCF).
5. Change the static IP address on your Network Adapter.
6. Finally, you will want to edit the shortcuts on your desktop to link to the new IP. Right click the ESM User UI/Admin UI and then Properties. Change the IP address.