Turn on Write and Read Caching in the RAID Card
1. Restart the server.
2. On bootup, press "Control + A" to enter RAID BIOS when prompted.
3. Press enter on "Array Configuration Utility"
4. Press enter on "Manage Arrays"
5. Highlight the "Archive" volume and press "Control + C"
6. Use the tab key to cycle through the options and ensure Write Caching and Read Caching are enabled.
-For Write Caching, you will be presented with two options; Enable with ZMM and Enable Always. Choose "Enable Always"
-There will be two confirmation prompts after you choose it, press "Y" for yes for both prompts.
7. The settings should read as follows: Read Cache: Enabled, Write Cache: Enabled Always
8. Press escape a few times until a red box prompts you to exit the RAID BIOS.
Please sign in to leave a comment.