If the installation is returning an error stating that there is an issue with the package, please confirm you have the correct installer for the OS (ie. 32-bit vs 64-bit).
Also, please confirm that the SQL TCP/IP protocol is enabled and configured correctly.
Step to Enabled TCP/IP protocol for SQL:
1. Open SQL Server Configuration Manager
2. Select Protocols for SQLEXPRESS (or your named sql instance) in the tree under SQL Server Network Configuration
3. Right Click TCP/IP
4. Select Properties
5. Select: Protocol Tab
6. Set ‘Enabled’ to Yes
7. Select IP Addresses Tab
8. Set: ‘Active’ to Yes for both your internal address and the 127.0.0.1 address
9. Set: ‘Enabled’ to Yes
10. Set: ‘TCP Port’ to 1433
11. Click Apply
12. Click Ok
13. Click ok in the warning box explaining any changes made will not take effect until restarting the service
14. Go to SQL Server Services and restart SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) (or your named sql instance))
For more assistance, please submit a support ticket at https://support.ipconfigure.com
Article is closed for comments.