Please follow the attached documentation when linking an archive server in existing ESM environment.
Common issues include:
1. The archive server being installed with a different build version than the management server (The archive server will need to be uninstalled and re-installed with the same version as the management server.)
2. The server time on the archive server being out of sync with time on the management server (https://ipconfigure.zendesk.com/entries/62679087-Able-to-link-a-server-in-admin-interface-but-unable-to-expand-the-tree)
3. Confirm you can ping the Archive server from Management server.
4. Make sure the drive that ipConfigure ESM is installed on still exists. This can be found in the ipConfigure registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>>SOFTWARE>>ipConfigure>>Root Archive Path
5. Confirm Firewalls and Antivirus is not blocking communication.
Please contact support with any questions or if you need assistance in linking the new archive server.