Migrating Server with Archive Services ONLY
Please Note: If this server holds both Management and Archive services, please instead refer to: https://ipconfigure.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/217263386-Migrating-Server-with-both-Management-and-Archive-Services
1. Backup Database:
From the server you are retiring, backup the following database:
ESM5_2 (Archive database)
2. Transfer backup files and restore
Transfer backup file (.bak) file to the new server and restore it in SQL Management Studio.
3. Update archive database to reflect the new ipAddress or DNS name of the new server:
- In SQL Management Studio, connect to the database engine.
- In the tree on the left, expand Database>>ESM5_2>>Tables
- Right-click on the table dbo.tServer, select "Edit Top 200 Rows".
- Change the ipAddress or DNS name for the following fields:
Note: CentralDNSName is the reference to the existing management server (Ex. http://mgmt_ipaddress)
4. Stop all IPConfigure Services and Set to Disable on old server/ Uninstall IPConfigure ESM from old server to avoid confusion
5. Install IPConfigure ESM software on the NEW archive server. Please make sure this ESM build version is the same as the ESM build version installed on the ESM Management server. These ESM build version must be synced.
6. Associate location in ESM Admin interface to new server
- From the existing ESM Admin interface, Navigate to the old location in devices
- Right-click the location name and choose "Disconnect Location"
- Right-click the location name again and choose "Link to Server"
- Enter the IP Address or DNS name for the new location.
If you plan to migrate the data (raw video) as well, please review this knowledge base article first: https://ipconfigure.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201141089-Moving-information-from-one-archive-server-to-another
PLEASE NOTE: You will lose the ability to replay library items previously saved unless you copy them to the same exact drive path as they were previously. If this is not possible, you can retrieve the raw files from the library folder on the old server but will be unable to playback through ESM.